My First Blogging Awards!Posted: December 18, 2011
This post is long overdue, but it is never too late to thank others. So, THANK YOU Antonio Occulto, artist extraordinaire, for giving me the Liebster Award and the Versatile Blogger Award!!
Liebster is a German word that means favorite or dearest, and the award is given to bloggers with 200 or less followers.
Here are a few rules that come with the acceptance of this award:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award (which goes without saying!), and link back to their site
- Pass the award on to five other bloggers; however, they must have less than or exactly 200 followers
- Let every nominee know that they have been given the award by posting a comment on their blog
- Display the award on your blog
1) Mooselicker — He cracks me up every time, no matter how inappropriate.
2) Alan Cook Photography — One of my most loyal blog readers and a fantastic photographer!
3) A Single Year — A new favorite of mine. She documents each day in Japan in 100 words or less; perfect for my short attention span.
4) A Boy with Shoes — A novice photographer seeking advice from other photographers. He documents parts of nature that I rarely see. And, I think he was my first WordPress buddy.
5) Creativity Aroused — Another blog I just started following for the beautiful photographs and inspiring haikus.
These are the rules for the Versatile Blog Awards:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award logo on your blog post.
1. John Fanai
2. Mimo Khair
7. Have a Dream
8. World Music
Now, the 7 random facts about yours truly:
1. I can’t sit still, unless I’m blogging.
2. I’m a sucker for romantic comedies and other mediocre films.
3. I’m a hopeless romantic, which might explain my taste in movies.
4. I’m allergic to cats, dust mites, pollen, not-so-fresh shellfish, soy milk, and sometimes apples and eggplants. My allergies fluctuate.
5. I sleep on my stomach, but I’m trying to find a new comfortable sleeping position because I hear it’s bad for women to sleep on their stomachs. It does something to your womanly parts.
6. I’m a first generation American in my family.
7. Once I find a hairstyle I’m comfortable with–currently it’s a messy bun, with bangs and two streaks of blonde–I’ll stick with it for YEARS, no matter how hard you try to urge me to change my look.