“Tag. You’re it!” translates to “I like you!”Posted: March 1, 2012 | |
Back in my little school days, the game of Tag was super fun and flirtatious. In the same way people tease each other when they like each other, the person who is “it” in Tag always chases the person he/she has a crush on. So, when boys chased after me, it was obvious they had the hots for me, the chubby Asian girl in bright yellow jumpers. Duh. In my tween years, I even had dreams of boys chasing me, totally a sign of their lust for moi.
Well, 10 years later, I was “tagged” again, and it wasn’t a dream! I was tagged by a guy who licks moose. He calls himself Mooselicker. You can tell by his name he is very special and obviously digs me. Or at least my blog. Either way, I am extremely flattered though not surprised because my yellow jumpers have always done me wonders. (My 2nd grade student teacher called me “Sunshine” because of those jumpers. There’s a photo of me wearing them holding a huge turkey leg at Disneyland. Glad I don’t have that photo to show you…)
So, like any game, there are rules. Here are the rules to this “adult” game of Tag:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Just like filling out an OkCupid profile, I answer Mooselicker’s questions below:
1. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? What did you think you would become?
Romanticizing between being a Spice Girl and a pediatrician, I knew either way I was going to be a people-pleaser. I was going to save the world whether it be with my booty shakin’ or with a stethoscope. Well, neither has happened but I’m still saving the world in my own little ways.
2. Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
I don’t have a “biggest” celebrity crush–there are tons–but my biggest fictional crush is Lloyd Dobler from Say Anything. What a heartthrob, and a nice one.
Oh right, then there’s James Franco. Guilty pleasure!
3. Angels, Bigfoots, or Aliens; which one do you think is most likely to exist?
Angels. They live at Victoria’s Secret and come out on Halloween.
4. What is something that everybody seems to enjoy that you hate?
KTV. Everyone’s favorite pastime in China is karaoke. Bleh, I can only do it ever so often.
5. If you opened your front door and I was there, what would you say? What would you really be thinking?
I would say, “Hi! You are the first Jehovah’s Witness that has ever come to my door!” to which you might reply, “No, no, no, I’m not from Kingdom Hall. I’m Mooselicker!” Then, I’d exclaim, “OH MY GOODNESS, I AM SO SORRY!!!”, throw my head back, laugh, give you a huge squeeze and invite you inside for tea and chocolates.
6. What is your favorite movie and why?
The First Wives Club, because 1) I love everyone in it, 2) it never gets old, 3) it’s cute and hilarious, 4) it subtly empowers women, and 5) I love when Bette, Diane and Goldie sing at the end.
7. There has to be something that you believe you’re the best at, what is it?
Connecting with people. Maybe it’s my smile, or my unusual perkiness, or my enthusiasm when meeting someone new that makes it easy for me to connect with people, and then sell them things. I excel at jobs that involve serving others because I just flash them a smile, nod my head, and tell them how delicious everything is, and they believe me! An ex-coworker hated me for it. She said I was too nice. She is the only person (to my knowledge) that has ever hated me. Whatevs, I know she was just jealous of my likable qualities. If I was making commission at that bakery, I would’ve kicked her ass then wipe it with my 100 dollar billz.
8. Who is the ugliest person you know and why are they so ugly?
Hmmm. I’m having trouble with this one because I try to see the best of everybody. Even if someone is ugly on the outside, I can usually find something beautiful hidden beneath, and vice versa.
9. Is love unconditional?
Yes, until it isn’t. I’m a “hopeless romantic” that loved someone unconditionally for all their terrible qualities that shall not be named, until one day (2 years later, way too long) it finally went away. That is how my affair with unconditional love ended, and boy was it a relief! As for family, yes, love is unconditional.
10. Lots of people have addictions. What is yours?
11. What is the nicest compliment you have ever received? What is something that you would like to be complimented more about you?
At the end of my year as a tutor in a 1st grade class, all the students made me handmade thank you cards. Of course they all brought tears to my eyes, but one card especially melted my heart. Johnny, the little rebel who never wanted my help, very unexpectedly wrote “I love you, Ms. He!” and said something along the lines of “I will miss you so much!” and drew me a picture. It wasn’t a direct compliment, but it showed that he actually did like me and that was enough to make me happy for the rest of my life.
If there’s anything I would want to be complimented more on, it would be from my students telling me what a wonderful teacher I am. One day…
Whew. It took me all day to answer those questions, but now that I have, I’m “it!” That means I get to tag 11 others! And yes, if I tag you, it does mean I have a crush on you (and/or your blog).
These are the folks I’m passing the torch on to (I know some of you have already been tagged recently, so I understand if you choose not to go through with this again!):
Occulto Antonio (I added one more)
These are my 11 questions for you:
1) What is your favorite childhood memory?
2) If there is one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be and why?
3) What is your favorite pastime, besides blogging of course?
4) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
5) Do you like where you currently live? Why or why not?
6) What is your biggest life goal?
7) What are 3 things you always carry with you?
8) What is the one place you really want to visit?
9) Do you think the world is going to end in 2012?
10) What is your most embarrassing experience you are willing to share with the world?
11) What is your comfort food?
Well alright then, get out onto the field and start running folks-of-the-blogosphere! You are “it!”