Warning: I’m about to get cheesy.
I just wanted to say how much I love, appreciate and admire the individuals I have met on WordPress. I never thought my blog would last this long, but my readers — strangers, friends and new friends — keep me at it, and I am so grateful to you all for keeping me company during this transitional phase in my life.
As I have complained again and again — and you’re probably sick of hearing it — making friends has been quite rough for me in China. However, coming home to my computer and finding new comments and “likes” demonstrates another kind of friendship that I used to doubt (gotta love the digital age!). Meeting people online has always sounded a little strange to me, but the WordPress community has proven me wrong. Knowing that people read and sometimes even care about what I have to say is so reassuring that 1), my life is actually pretty interesting (no matter how much I insist it isn’t), 2) I am still capable of making new friends in new places, and 3) there are so many good people in the world!
I realize this is very cheesy, and I get this way
sometimes a lot, but I’m going away for two weeks to celebrate Chinese New Years and Spring Festival in Chongqing where I expect to be internet-less. And the only thing that keeps running through my head is, How will I keep up with everyone’s blogs? How will I stay in contact with my WP friends? I’m going to miss them so much!! I know, I know. Only 2 weeks. Actually, less, just 10 days. But see!? That’s how inseparable I am with you all!
(My parents hate it because once I turn my computer on, that’s where I’m glued for the next several hours. I sacrifice the size of my bum for you all. That’s how much I love you.)
See you in 10 days! Until then,
and KISSES TO YOU ALL!!!
This post is long overdue, but it is never too late to thank others. So, THANK YOU Antonio Occulto, artist extraordinaire, for giving me the Liebster Award and the Versatile Blogger Award!!
Liebster is a German word that means favorite or dearest, and the award is given to bloggers with 200 or less followers.
Here are a few rules that come with the acceptance of this award:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award (which goes without saying!), and link back to their site
- Pass the award on to five other bloggers; however, they must have less than or exactly 200 followers
- Let every nominee know that they have been given the award by posting a comment on their blog
- Display the award on your blog
1) Mooselicker — He cracks me up every time, no matter how inappropriate.
2) Alan Cook Photography — One of my most loyal blog readers and a fantastic photographer!
3) A Single Year — A new favorite of mine. She documents each day in Japan in 100 words or less; perfect for my short attention span.
4) A Boy with Shoes — A novice photographer seeking advice from other photographers. He documents parts of nature that I rarely see. And, I think he was my first WordPress buddy.
5) Creativity Aroused — Another blog I just started following for the beautiful photographs and inspiring haikus.
These are the rules for the Versatile Blog Awards:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award logo on your blog post.
1. John Fanai
2. Mimo Khair
7. Have a Dream
8. World Music
Now, the 7 random facts about yours truly:
1. I can’t sit still, unless I’m blogging.
2. I’m a sucker for romantic comedies and other mediocre films.
3. I’m a hopeless romantic, which might explain my taste in movies.
4. I’m allergic to cats, dust mites, pollen, not-so-fresh shellfish, soy milk, and sometimes apples and eggplants. My allergies fluctuate.
5. I sleep on my stomach, but I’m trying to find a new comfortable sleeping position because I hear it’s bad for women to sleep on their stomachs. It does something to your womanly parts.
6. I’m a first generation American in my family.
7. Once I find a hairstyle I’m comfortable with–currently it’s a messy bun, with bangs and two streaks of blonde–I’ll stick with it for YEARS, no matter how hard you try to urge me to change my look.